MELCamp4 will be held in sunny, spring College Station, TX, which is about 2 hours northeast of Austin, Tx and 1.5 hours northwest of Houston, TX.
TAMU has an interactive campus map at this address. To navigate on campus, turn on the “Building Abbreviations” in the legend.
- On Monday and Wednesday, we will be located in LAAH (the Liberal Arts and Arts & Humanities Building), which is located at the end of Spence Street on campus (399 Spence Street).
- On Tuesday, we will be located in MSC (the Memorial Student Center), which is located at the corner of Joe Routt Blvd and Houston Street (275 Joe Routt Blvd).
If you will be flying to College Station, our Easterwood Airport (CLL) has flights coming out of Dallas (DFW) and Houston (IAH). For those of you flying into College Station, the airport is about ~10 minutes out from the conference hotel: the Hilton College Station.
- The Hilton offers a free shuttle service to and from the CLL airport only. Once you land, call the front desk (979-693-7500) and request a ride.
- Taxi Service in College Station:
Maroon Cab +1 (979)-695-9999
BCS Taxi +1 (979)-779-8294
AAA University Taxi +1 (979)-846-2233
For those of you flying into Houston, there is a shuttle that runs between the two cities. This shuttle will drop you off at the hotel. Travel time is ~1.5-2 hours.
- Groundshuttle Transportation +1 (979)-739-2836
-From Houston Airports (IATH and HOU) to College Station
If you have any questions about travel, directions, or etc., please contact the IDHMC Project Coordinator, Nancy Sumpter at nsumpter (at) tamu (dot) edu or the IDHMC Research Assistant, Liz Grumbach at egrumbac (at) tamu (dot) edu.